After a few months of hard work to extract re-usable components from Wooki, the version 0.3 is finally out !
Along with Wooki improvements, we have created three major spin-off contributions that put the basis for a strong architecture that will make Wooki evolutive and ready for production soon:
- tapestry5-spring-tx allows you to benefit from Spring Platform Transaction management inside Tapestry
- tapestry5-installer provides a way to easily deploy and install tapestry 5 application
- tapestry5-db-migration, inspired from rails migrations, allows you to get full control over your database schema through your Tapestry 5 application lifecycle
All this work justifies this wooki version. It has been the opportunity to validate and polishing these different contributions in a real context.
Also the global code of Wooki has been reviewed to ease future evolutions and current features maintenance
- Move to Tapestry 5.2 that make development with Tapestry more and more confortable
- Integration of spring-acl to handle authorization on wooki’s resources
- Creation of an abstraction layer to handle DB query parameters like range, created since
- Centralize activity lookup for RSS feeds and front display
- Centralize application link management and improve the application security layer
To conclude, one important news is that wooki has moved to spreadthesource organization on github
We hope you will find inspiration from all these as a user or a Tapestry developer ! Give it a try !
Thanks for reading.